Monday, October 11, 2010

JENNY LANE

I want to tell you about my AMAZING sister Jennifer Lane, but in order for me to do that we need to go back in time a few years to 2006. She went to BYU Hawaii for a semester and this is where her running career began with her first ever half marathon. Then in 2008 she ran her first marathon (Top of Utah) without training, in 3:34 qualifying her for the Boston Marathon.
In 2009 she ran the Boston Marathon (without sufficient training due to injury) she finished in 3:34 re-qualifying for Boston. This was a really cool experience watching her fun in such a huge event.
She did not run Boston again this year, but she did run the Chicago Marathon this weekend. She improved her time by 13 minutes, finishing in 3:21!
I am sad I was not able to be there this weekend with her to celebrate this amazing accomplishment!
I LOVE you Jen and I'm so proud of you!

2 comments:

  1. Kim,
    This is the sweetest post EVER!! Thanks so much. I love you. Wish you could have been there.

    ReplyDelete